Friday, June 16, 2006

Entering the Blogosphere

Hello:

After a year of people telling me to start a Blog, I have finally surrendered and here is my first Blog entry. Over time, I will be covering a smattering of business and technology topics with the twisted view of a serial entrepreneur living in the Silicon Valley who has been active at the beginning of several technology revolutions, and hopes to lead the next one. I expect to share my view on where things may be headed in technology, how horrendous the dot-bomb depression really was, the incredible relief that I feel now that we are finally out of this miasma, and how new business opportunities are being enabled by creativity and problem solving.

My favorite topic is the convergence of intellectual creativity, engineering creativity and artistic creativity, that can generate a whole new world of online social entertainment and interactive fun -- the true New millennium Entertainment. Electronic games must break out of the "hard-core gamer" ghetto, and will do so despite the behemoths currently leading the revenue numbers. The potential dwarfs the current limited view of gaming (or electronic games, not gambling). Who will lead and why? These are the questions worth pondering.

While I ponder the aspects of e-commerce, online advertising, sponsorship, and creative marketing applied to online social fun, I welcome comments. Though my wordsmithing may not be as tight or pithy as one might like, I will try hard to be precise and specific when practical.

Thank you for reading.

Harrison Rose
Silicon Valley, CA USA

No comments: